All dogs and cats should have veterinary exams at least once a year, and in many cases, pets need more frequent visits. These visits to Timpanogos Animal Hospital help keep your pet healthy and can help you avoid more costly visits in the future. The cost of prevention is often a fraction of the cost of treating a developed disease, injury or other health problem.
Many diseases and illnesses don’t have any symptoms in the early stages, so early detection through physical exam findings and routine laboratory testing is important. Early detection often leads to less expensive treatments, less difficulty in treating, increased odds of successful outcomes and improved quality of life for the pet.
At Timpanogos Animal Hospital, every preventive care visit is tailored to each pet’s specific needs. Your pet’s unique plan will be based on many factors, including their health history, any physical exam findings, their lifestyle and age.
Preventive services at Timpanogos Animal Hospital include:
- Detailed nose to tail examinations
- Core vaccinations, including rabies
- Additional immunizations based on individualized risk
- Heartworm testing and prevention
- Intestinal parasite screening and control
- Early disease screening tests
- Diagnostic laboratory testing and imaging (such as blood and urine testing and radiographs)
- Spaying, neutering and reproductive counselling
- Dental care
- Nutrition counseling
- Behavior counseling
Schedule an appointment at Timpanogos Animal Hospital to get your pet’s preventive care on the right track.